Friday 28 September 2007

From Alice to Darwin.


Oi Mate!!!

Last time I wrote here i was hell jet lagged, and this time I'm not feeling much better. We are in Darwin in the Northern Territory and it's the end of the dry season, so every thing is so hot you can fry an egg on it! We have been traveling from Alice springs and up here the last week, and my oh my have we seen a road or two(Actually there is only one road).
This country is not big, it's huge!!!! To give you pointer of how huge this continent really is, is the fact that the largest privately owned piece of land here is 2 square kilometers bigger then Germany.

We went and saw Uluru and kings canyon before our trip up here, and I can really see why the native people believe these are spiritual and special places. You come walking through the dessert an "SLAP" there is a 300 meters high monolith right in front of you. There is an oasis and a place to find shade, and there is a micro climate around it that makes it possible for people and animals to live there all through the dry season. All in all a weird and wonderful place. The same goes fore Kings Canyon and the Olgas.
Well I can't be arsed to write any more, it's too damn hot and I'm hungry!

No comments:


Don't wake it.....